The Amigos do Museu de São Bras located at the Museu do Trajo de São Bras de Alportel
- Friends of the Museum is a multinational, multicultural organisation that arranges a wide range of cultural and social events for the Portuguese and International community in the Algarve.
- Regular activities include: art classes, salsa and merengue, bridge, Portuguese language lessons and yoga, a choir and a number of different music groups.
- There is also a lively discussion group, film club and video presentations of operas. Besides painting exhibitions and photography exhibitions.
- Friends of the Museum organise a regular programme of music from contemporary and traditional jazz, through to contemporary and classical music.
- There are also a number of talks on e.g. Portuguese History, Art and Literature and on various aspects of the Algarve e.g. fauna, flora and archaeology (talks are given in English, Portuguese and German).
- Visits to various sites of historical, scientific and general interest in the Algarve.
It is important for the British community in Portugal to have a body which preserves its 'memory'. This function is kept by the British Historical society. It makes available to researchers the archives and papers of many demised (and some still flourishing) British Institutions. Also, a small library of books of Anglo-Portuguese interest is available.
This association is doing excavations in and around Tavira.